Yamhill County Fair 2012

Some photographers don't enjoy competitions because it is a very humbling process to get your photos judged by others with such a high level of scrutiny. I enjoy print competitions very much though because I really feel that it allows us as photographers to improve technically. While many print competitions have creativity as a criteria for the most part fairs will judge work on technical aspects. This is only my second time entering my county's fair competition, and I was very happy with the results! All my prints scored between a 21 and 23 with the lowest being a 3 and the highest being a 27. The photos that won the ribbons were the highest scoring in their class.

Left - Courtney// First Place Ribbon in People-Color
Middle - Areana// First Place Ribbon in People-BW
Right - Tayisha// Third Place Ribbon in People-BW 


Comments

Popular Posts