StudioNia Fashion Show

My First Fashion Show
           Amazing experience that I wouldn’t trade for anything! I was asked to help shoot the first ever StudioNia Fashion Show on Sunday September 11, 2011. I was nervous because it was my first time shooting a runway show but it is definitely the direction I want my photography to go.
        
   I got to the venue about an hour early and met up with the head photographer, Hal Harrison of Rose CityPhotography, who was kind enough to allow me to shoot alongside him. I was set up side stage with my Nikon D700, a Nikor 28-70 f2.8 lens, and two SB900’s (One on camera and the other set up remotely on a light stand above the runway). The show was fun with upbeat music and beautiful styles of lifestyle clothing. There were about 25 models who walked the runway in two sets of outfits. The shooting went smoothly with the exception of my over- anxious continuous firing wearing out my remote flash unit. Easily corrected and barely missed a beat!
    
    I met a lot of great people in the fashion industry and I’m really looking forward to seeing where this first step takes me!

Comments

Popular Posts