Looking Forward

As many of you know, I have been dealing with a very bitter and jealous person or people sending me emails and texts messages regarding my photography. I thought I would post all of the ones I have saved. At first it was hard for me to receive such nasty messages regarding my work (It's like calling a mother's baby ugly). But I am posting this so I can look back in a couple of years and realize that all of this negativity was really just a springboard for my forthcoming success. These range from about 3 years ago to this morning.


"Just had to hop on here and say that while your photos are decent, the "ostrich" poses that you put your Models through are ridiculous and even childish.
Is your goal to show off their long legs? To evoke...what exactly. They look like they're rehearsing for the "Silly Walk" finals on Monty Python.
Basically bad poses and too similar lighting and backdrops mean a huge chunk of your pics look the same. Rather embarrassing for you but someone had to say it."


"Your work was done first and much better by someone else. Your photos suck!"

"Your work is generic. By posting inspiration photos of others work. You are pretty much just copying their style."

"I'm just telling you the truth. Like your recent work with the black model. I see that kind of work everywhere in NY. Yes there is a standard but that doesn't mean copy everyone else."

"Can you please stop copying other people's work? Be original! I see your work as very old and un-original."

"You are using some kind of auto-like software for your facebook photography page. So lame."

"I think you have no creativity. What is the point of copying other people's work? The ones you did with the girl in the water, we have seen that everywhere. Just saying YOU'RE nothing special."

"Getting your work published in a small magazine is no big deal. And the Vogue website is no big deal either. Are you even making money from published work? Your work is not that great!"

"Why do you always post casting calls and try to replicate other photographer's style? It just makes your immature and not creative. Pro photogs don't look at others because it has already been done. Also even if you copy the concept, your work ends up being worse than the original. The ones with the fur were a complete failure."

"I'm sick and tired of you being a lame photographer!"


Comments

  1. Hi Kendra,

    I am not sure why this person took the time to write you this nasty email. To me, this sounds like jealousy writing at its finest. I honestly think you have fantastic work and you're doing an amazing job with your presentation. I'd say keep shooting and keep getting inspired by other photographer's work. That is the only way you are going to get better and fuel your creativity. I hope to continue seeing your work on my feed.


    - cheers
    Oveth Martinez
    www.oveth.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts