Coming in 2015

I am really excited to announce that starting in January 2015 I will be opening my own studio! Over the last few years I have been renting a lovely space in the heart of downtown Newberg and I finally felt at the end of this year it would be time to move on. My new space is more industrial and will be a bit closer to Sherwood. I will have an actual storefront off of the main road. I am excited to have a dressing room, large windows (to do some more natural light work) and an awesome front lounge space. I will have my whole stash of wardrobe available as well as more props and sets to work with. The space is small but for the next few years it is going to be the spot where I can geek out and create some AMAZING fashion and beauty work as I continue to grow my business and pursue my dreams of international travel.

I have felt like I have been on the tipping point for quite a while and having the new space is going to push me to really create the greatness that I know is inside me. A few big changes will be timing and availability. My schedule is all my own and the keys are in my hands. I can work anytime I want to, I can schedule months ahead or be guided by my inspiration and set up a shoot quickly. It will allow more flexibility for my clients with booking. My makeup artists will have a great space to work. I will get to put my work up all over the walls. The decor is going to be modern and chic. I will have the ability to take on more job shadows and assistants to really train and help them achieve their dreams. I don't attest to doing "workshops" or charging people for my knowledge, but I love sharing openly and giving guidance to anyone looking to pursue photography.

Along with this change in location I will also be changing my name. As I am now Mrs. Kendra Barber I will be changing my business name to Kendra Barber Photography instead of Kendra M. Photography. This new name is less confusing for clients and presents great opportunities for search and marketing. You will see over the next few weeks that my social media and branding will be slowly transitioning as I get my legalities in order. I just wanted to get a notification out there as these changes start to take place. The biggest of all of these changes will be my website URL. My new URL is going to be kendrabarber.com instead of kendramphotopro.com. The old URL will remain functional for a time being but eventually will be replaced with the new one. Look for these changes happening soon!

I am so excited to share this next chapter of my career with everyone who helped me get to this place. My mind is exploding with inspiration and I can't wait to collaborate with many awesome creatives in 2015. Thank you all for the support as I watch a new chapter of excitement unfold!

Photo by Bert Kay of Westoak Studio.

Comments

Popular Posts