Graduate of The New York Institute of Photography

I am happy to announce that I am officially a graduate of the New York Institute of Photography! The Institute is one of the oldest photography schools around. I studied Professional Photography in their two year program and graduated even a little early. This is a huge accomplishment for me because as some know I am not a huge supporter of higher education for those who choose to work in an artistic field. I know that it is right for some but for me it just didn't feel right. I didn't go to college immediately after graduating but decided to wait and see where I specifically needed improvement. I chose the Professional Photography Course because in spanned over such a large variety of technical knowledge and specific industry instruction. I am happy I decided to take the course but can honestly say I still can attribute the bulk of my knowledge and skill to practice, mentors and trial and error but just added a bit of technical knowledge to back up the creativity and drive I already posses.

In addition to this course I would like to add that I also went through Melissa Rodwell's Fashion Photography EXPOSED course and absolutely loved every second of it (this course was by far the most applicable to my work). I always take the Scott Kelby seminars as well whenever these come into town. I think that when working in an artistic field it is important to make sure you are learning from multiple sources and tapping into a variety of pools of expertise. I don't want my style and my look to be built from one source, I love having a variety of mentors and many streams of information coming in. Always be a learner, not just when pursuing a degree but in every aspect of life. Those who can learn this skill will be the ones that surpass all others on the road to a fulfilling and successful career. 








Comments

Popular Posts